It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Authorization error while downloading "RQMExcelImporterSetupForDotNET45"

Rajesh Avanthi (10815138173) | asked Jul 30 '14, 10:58 a.m.
Hi

During the process of downloading the "RQMExcelImporterSetupForDotNET45" from the below link (click the Prerequisites section), it throws the below error. though with the same Jazz login credentials, we are able to download rest of the installers successfully.

LINK:  
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#Prerequisites

===========
Error:  Unauthorized
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.
============

Do we need additional login permissions apart from the Jazz login here ??

Comments
Donald Nong commented Aug 01 '14, 2:02 a.m.

The link is not for downloading for some reason. I get into Wiki edit mode when I follow the link.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 01 '14, 4:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 01 '14, 4:08 a.m.
You are supposed to download it from the products all download page as far as I can tell. Example: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/5.0?p=allDownloads

From the section https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#Add_In_Installation

Extract the installation files from RQM-Extras-RQMExcelWordImporter-<version>.zip to a temporary location.
  • RQM-Extras-RQMExcelWordImporter-<version>.zip is available in the Extras section of the All Downloads tab on the Rational Quality Manager <version> download page.
  • Note: RQM-Extras-RQMExcelWordImporter-3.0.1.zip is compatible with a Rational Quality Manager 2.x server.

Donald, the other link with the instruction leads to a wiki page that is not yet created.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Aug 05 '14, 10:10 p.m.

Hi Ralph,
I think the point here is that if a link is embedded in a wiki page, it should lead the user to the right place, not cause confusion. It is worse than a broken link (HTTP 404) in my opinion.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 06 '14, 2:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The wiki pages are material that development creates for themselves. See the note on top of each page

NOTE: The development wiki is a work area used by the Jazz development teams to plan and discuss technical designs and operational procedures related to the development projects at Jazz.net. Often you will find work items linking to documents in the wiki. Everyone is welcome to browse the wiki, follow along, and participate in the development process. Participation is what Jazz.net is all about! But please keep in mind that information on the wiki is "as is", unsupported, and may be outdated or inaccurate. For information on released products, consult the product documentation, support tech notes, and the Jazz.net library. See also the Jazz.net Terms of Use.

It also ages, so material could get out of date.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.