It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem configuring JTS with DM in a separated server

Luiz Almeida (23015589) | asked Jul 30 '14, 6:05 a.m.
Hi all,

I installed JTS and CCM application in a server (server1) and DM in another server (server2). Both are using Tomcat. On server with DM I did not install JTS (I need to?).

Well, in server1 I can register the DM and VVC applications as well, but during the steps of configuring the applications is occuring an error. I think the problem is with LDAP configuration.

How to configure LDAP in this environment? In server1 the configuration is OK, I created the files (server.xml and web.xml), but what I need to do in server2? What are the steps and what order?

Thanks for help.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Jul 30 '14, 6:11 a.m.
Hi Luiz,

You can use an existing JTS with DM. You do not need to install it on the server2 if it is already on server1.
You indeed need to register VVC and then DM on the server1 where JTS is installed. VVC and DM cannot work with out it but it can be on a separate server.
In which exact step did the configuration failed exactly?
Can you post the error you got?
Did the registration of VVC and DM finished ?
Did you reach the configure of the Database and the finalization of the VVC and DM application?

VVC and DM delegate the authentication to JTS so if you have configured LDAP on the server1 it should be fine.
What is important for VVC and DM is to have a valid license for Rational Software Architect OR Rhapsody - Designer/Contributor for your user (used to run the finalization of the VVC and DM applications).

François

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Francois-xavier Panaget commented Jul 30 '14, 6:31 a.m. | edited Jul 31 '14, 4:29 a.m.

additional info which did not fit in the previous comment:

If you have not yet assigned a Designer license to your user or does not have Designer license installed yet, you can use the trial ones which come with DM.
To do so, you need to
- install the trial licenses on the server1 where JTS is installed (this is done with IBM Installation Manager)
- restart you server1
- during the Setup User Registry step activate the license and assign one to your user.

François

Luiz Almeida commented Jul 30 '14, 9:09 p.m. | edited Jul 31 '14, 4:30 a.m.

Thank you for the answer, François.
The problem was occuring in the step of configuring the VVC, after registering the applications. I discovered what was happening...the problem was the certificates of server2, but I only discovered because I runned setup with Firefox. While I was using Chrome, I can not see the error on screen. I resolved in that way:
a) I logged in server2 to get the certificates in browser. So, I logged out
b) In the same session (browser tab), I logged in server1 and runned the setup and it worked!

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 31 '14, 4:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

there seems to be a tendency to only comment on questions. That way we will never see if questions are answered, let alone being able to mark them answered.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.