It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC - Update module requirements in RRC 4.0.6 via ReqIF import

Alberto Teodoro (6632438) | asked Jul 28 '14, 10:40 a.m.
edited Jul 31 '14, 2:51 p.m. by Michelle De Armas (2612)

Hi all,

I would like to merge the updates to my Requirements via ReqIF import file.

Here I've read it's possible: I've tried it upon Requirements belonging to a Module and the Requirements are merged, after I've imported my ReqIF, but they are removed away from the native module.

So, it seems it's possible to update a Requirement, but if it belongs to a Module, the requirement is removed from it after (or during ?) the update.

Someone knows how I can update Requiremets, belonging to Module, without remove them from it?

Many thanks

Alberto

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 30 '14, 12:01 a.m.

Can you please explain a bit more in details how you modified the ReqIF file and what was the problem? For example, what does it mean by saying "they are removed away from the native module"? After you import the ReqIF file, check the report and see what has been updated and also pay attention to the "folder" section. I just tested in RRC 4.0.4 and did not see anything removed after an ReqIF import.

Alberto Teodoro commented Aug 11 '14, 10:06 a.m.

Hi Donald,

many thanx for your answer and sorry for my late answer.

I try to better explain:
1) I've imported a ReqIF generated in a Requirements Project, managed by another tool (not DOORS or RRC)
2) I've obtained a RRC Project with the Requirements belonging to a Module.
3) in the original Requirements Project, managed by another tool (not DOORS or RRC), some Requirements were updated, some deleted and some new generated; all Requirements were put in the same module
4) a new export ReqIF was made
5) when I've imported in my Project, I had the original Module containing only the new Requirements: the other updated ones, were put out of my module.

I have opened a case to the support and they have reproduced it.

Ciao
Alberto 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.