It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to import or export just a subset of attributes in RRC / DNG with ReqIF?

Christian Winkler (1321623) | asked Apr 09 '15, 8:41 a.m.
Hello!

Following situations:
I want to copy requirement modules from one project area to another (A -> B).
Project area A is the source, area B is the area where the people work with the requirements.

Now I copied one module from A to B. People start working in B.
They do not change the imported stuff, but they changed attributes of the imported requirements, which were empty during import.

Now the module in area A is updated. Some requirement text was changed.
Now I want to transfer these changes to area B.

How can I do it without overriding the already done work in area B?
I just want to export and import certain attributes or want only the updated requirements to be changed in the destination (B). (I want to merge the modules.)

I hope my situation was clearly explained and you have a solution for me.

Thansk!
Christian

I use DNG 5.0.2.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ian Barnard (2.1k613) | answered Feb 29, 12:01 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 04, 5:20 a.m.

Now in 2024 (7.0.3 but AFAIK this goes back to at least 7.0)) when you add a module to export you can at the same time (in the module picker) select a shared view (i.e. columns and artifact filters) which controls the export - attributes corresponding to the displayed columns are exported, plus some necessary system artifacts, and the artifacts visible in the view are exported, plus the module artifact. NOTE that attributes of the module itself are always exported in full.

NOTE that selecting a shared view at the same time as adding the module is different from the 'Views : 0 selected' way of choosing a view in a reqif definition; that just exports the view definition.

Ian Barnard selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Apr 10 '15, 2:53 a.m.
Currently it is not possible. During the ReqIF import, there is no place to address the conflicts during the merge, and a redirect replace will be performed.

The DNG with CM (still in beta) may be your answer.
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-doors-next-generation/betas/5.0CMBeta1
https://jazz.net/forum/tags/doors-next-cm-beta/

Comments
Christian Winkler commented Apr 10 '15, 3:16 a.m.

Thanks for your answer, Donald.

It seems to be quite helpful.
Do you know when this feature will be part of official DNG release?
Will it be a separate release or just part of the "normal" DNG?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.