It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how can I classify the project areas ?

Jia jang (42111) | asked Mar 17 '17, 2:58 a.m.

Hello Everyone,

I have 10 lifeCycle projects in CLM(rm/ccm/qm) .
e.g I have 
4 projects - for sale
4 projects - for finance
2 projects - for marketing/web design
I want to classify(catgories) the projects (project areas) based on their domain i.e, sale/finance/marketing
how can I achieve that ?
Is their any way to do that in clm ?

thanks

Comments
Donald Nong commented Mar 17 '17, 4:07 a.m.

I'm not aware of such feature. What's the purpose of categorizing the projects? I understand that users usually only see their own projects under "My Projects". For example, if you add the Sales people to only the four Sales projects, they should just see those four projects.

Jia jang commented Mar 17 '17, 5:00 a.m.

hello donald ,

It's currect , Right.
But my manager want to see the projects which belongs to sale so , is their any tag or something in project level that can classify the projects ?
even he also want the reports that consist of only sales projects activities.
So, Is their any "Tag or attributes" that can classify the projects itself ? 

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 17 '17, 5:29 a.m.

My best guess is you can put the "tag" in the project names. Other than that, your call.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Dec 01 '17, 10:08 a.m.

Or put information in the Project Description.  That description will be displayed on the "My Projects" / "All Projects" pages.  It is also possible to retrieve the description via the Java API.   I think Ralph Schoon's blog might contain example of obtaining/displaying a project area description.   Look for this article:

https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/12/09/analyzing-a-aroject-areas-members-and-roles-using-the-plain-java-client-libraries/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.