It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC - import and update existing requirements

Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k22949) | asked Jul 15 '14, 9:44 a.m.
 Hi Jazz Team,

We are using RDNG (5.0) and heavily using import capabilities (csv). The questions is if RDNG is capable of updating existing requirements not creating new after the import ?.

The workflow with the customer is based on exchanging csv files with requirements but baseline is in RDNG.

I am open for additonal comments.

One answer

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Jul 15 '14, 10:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Bartosz,

If you are looking for a way to update existing requirements as opposed to creating new ones, I would highly suggest that you look into utilizing the ReqIF Import feature in RDNG. ReqIF uses a unique identifier to match updated artifacts to existing ones in a project, so this option is very robust when dealing in a large-scale deployment as opposed to CSV Import/Export. However, I did some digging and it looks like there is an open enhancement request for providing the "round-trip" capability to the CSV Import/Export function. You can add your voice to the following plan item and enhancement request:

If you are interesting in utilizing ReqIF, but are unable to move completely away from using CSV files, I would suggest that you get in touch with Rational Support and/or the IBM Services team, as they may be able to provide some sort of scripting alternative for translating CSV files into ReqIF format.

Hope this helps,
Mike Jaworski

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.