It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Incorrect number of items displayed on dashboard widget

Joanna Wisniewska (111) | asked Jun 07 '13, 11:30 a.m.
retagged Jun 16 '13, 11:45 p.m. by Jun Wang (6077)
Hi all,

Currently we've got over 1000 defects reported on our project and we noticed the following problem:
The widget listing defects show incorrect 1000 number of defects found in the header.
We already changed the server attribute for com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.query.QueryRepositoryService
responsible so the query under the widget shows the correct number of defects.
I found similar error reported for Rational Asset Manager (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PM79277), fixed 2 months ago.

Any ideas? Is it an error like that one for RAM or just a property hidden somewhere in settings?

Joanna.

3 answers

permanent link
Jun Wang (6077) | answered Jun 08 '13, 1:25 a.m.
Hi, Joanna,

Which widget are you talking about in the dashboard of RQM? I am confused that you are saying RAM in the thread, but the tag is for 'Rational Quality Manager'. Am I wrong to understand?

If you said it is 'Defect Listing' widget provided by RQM, the report only shows the defects that have been linked with test case results or test case execution records in the RQM project, not all defects in your CCM repository. If you would like to see all defects in CCM repository, please use RTC widget to show them and you could also add the RTC widgets into RQM dashboard if the two projects are associated. However, I do not understand that 'We already changed the server attribute for com.ibm.team.workitem.service.internal.query.QueryRepositoryService
responsible so the query under the widget shows the correct number of defects.
'
It looks like they are not widgets provided by RQM.

permanent link
Joanna Wisniewska (111) | answered Jun 10 '13, 5:31 a.m.
Hi Jun,

I am talking about RQM widget "Work items" which displays results for a single query. In our case it is query for all defects in the project. When you run the query, it lists over 1000 records. When you configure the widget to show the query, the header shows wrong counting - only 1000.
When you click the header, it shows the whole table with correct number of defects.
I mentioned it because there is an advanced setting for the default result set limit which is set to 1000. We already changed it - so that's not the case.
I paste the link to the error on RAM because it's similar, concerns incorrect counting and it's Rational, too. Although it's another product, they may use common packages for presentation. I haven't got any hook for RQM.

permanent link
Jun Wang (6077) | answered Jun 16 '13, 11:44 p.m.

Hi, Joanna,

Sorry to reply it so late and I am just back from vacation. The 'Work items' widget is owned by RTC team, although you are able to add it into RQM dashboard. I do not know if there is any number limitation for this widget. I'd suggest you ask RTC developer to confirm that.

Comments
Jun Wang commented Jun 16 '13, 11:45 p.m.

I added a new tag 'rational-team-concert'

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.