It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I extract files from a stream without showing the RTC metadata?

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked Jul 01 '14, 5:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 01 '14, 5:56 p.m.
I want to save a set of files from a stream (or repository workspace) to my local disk.  However, if I create a sandbox to do this - RTC writes metadata files, etc along with the files I want.  How can I get the files without the metadata?

This is on RTC 5.0.

I can think of two ways, but suspect there may be an easier way:

1) Use a Build where the build script does the copy of the files to a destination directory on my local disk. The destination directory would be a build parameter.
2) Use the RTC Eclipse plugin to load the files into my sandbox, then use the Export function on Eclipse to write the files to a file system.

A customer has to create a set of files that get written to a DVD or USB key, then handed over to another group who then load these files (to a production system).  The different systems (production and development)  cannot see each other.

One answer

permanent link
Robert Wen (690412) | answered Jul 01 '14, 9:02 p.m.
 Off the top of my head, what if you unloaded the local sandbox, but chose to disconnect rather than delete the local files.  Wouldn't that remove the metadata?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jul 01 '14, 11:20 p.m.

I think Robert is right. Besides 1& 2 seem the same to me. Load (user or build user) is the same.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.