It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Source Changes not migrating to other stream

Edward Scarberry (11010) | asked Oct 23 '13, 12:23 p.m.
retagged Dec 03 '13, 4:40 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

I created two streams QA and PROD.  My workspace connect to QA.  I did a flow target in QA stream to PROD stream.

When I migrated and delivered code from my workspace to QA it worked fine.  But now there are now pending changes for the PROD stream from QA.  Am I missing a setup

Also when I do a compare they show the difference and when I accept nothing happens.

One answer

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Oct 23 '13, 12:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
That looks good.
You delivered from your reporitory workstream to the QA stream. Incomming Changes in the QA stream should be outgoing changes "to" the PROD stream. If you want to have those in the PROD stream, you have to accept them there. When you have accepted those (in the PROD stream - or better a workspace connected to that stream) the outgoing changes in the QA stream and the incoming changes in the PROD stream will disappear.

Comments
Edward Scarberry commented Oct 23 '13, 2:06 p.m. | edited Oct 23 '13, 2:42 p.m.

I can deliver pending changes to QA stream.  After that is done the PROD stream does not show any pending changes.  In our old test system that would automatically happen.  Not sure if a link is missing

Tim Mok commented Oct 23 '13, 2:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you explain how you are trying to see the changes in PROD stream? Everything sounds like it is behaving as expected. However, it's unclear whether you're trying to accept the changes into PROD using stream-to-stream actions in Pending Changes or using a repository workspace to deliver the changes to the streams.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.