It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error copying test plan between servers using RQM Copy Utility

Mike Griffiths (345) | asked Jun 26 '14, 2:04 p.m.
 Hi,

I am having an issue when I try to migrate test plans between two servers, both running RQM 4.0.4.

The following switch was supplied to the RQM Copy Utlity:
-a=testplan

Here is the last few lines of the log file:

INFO: Starting: template testcase/com.ibm.rqm.planning.templates.testcase.default
Jun 25, 2014 10:17:44 AM com.ibm.rqm.ct.util.Logger logInfo
INFO: Already Added: template testcase/com.ibm.rqm.planning.templates.testcase.default
INFO: Finishing: template testcase/com.ibm.rqm.planning.templates.testcase.default
INFO: Finishing: testcase Recategorized_Rebranding_Testcases_NOSUM_SPACES.xlsx_TestCases_189.xls
INFO: Starting: template testplan/com.ibm.rqm.planning.templates.testplan.default
INFO: Finishing: template testplan/com.ibm.rqm.planning.templates.testplan.default
INFO: Starting: configuration TE302
Jun 25, 2014 10:17:45 AM com.ibm.rqm.ct.util.Logger logError
SEVERE: Internal error: java.lang.NullPointerException
Jun 25, 2014 10:17:45 AM com.ibm.rqm.ct.util.Logger logError
SEVERE: FAILURE!

A number of customization's have been made to the "Lab Resource and Channel Properties" section found under "Manage Project Properties" on the source server. These same customizations have NOT been made to the destination server (it just has what comes out of the box with a 4.0.4 install). 

Does the Copy Utility sync up the Lab Resources before trying to migrate test plans or does this need to be done manually before a migration?

Is there a way to find out which Lab Resource is missing from the "configuration TE302" message?

Thanks,
Mike

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jun 27 '14, 12:24 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mike,

Lab resources are support by the RQM Copy Utility (see -la/-listArtifactTypes).  This symptom appears to be caused by CopyUtil fails when copying "configuration" from one project to another (108174).  You could try using the RQM 5.0 Copy Utility.
Mike Griffiths selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mike Griffiths commented Jun 27 '14, 3:07 p.m.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for a quick reply!
I tried switching to the 5.0 Copy Utility and it gets further into the process, a bunch of configurations are copied then it fails with:

INFO: Finishing: configuration TE312
<SNIP>
Jun 27, 2014 2:53:25 PM com.ibm.rqm.ct.util.Logger logError
SEVERE: RestException executing: PUT, RC: 400, message: {"errorClass":"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException","errorCode":400,"errorTraceMarshall":[{
<SNIP>
,"errorMessage":"The resource url \"https:\/\/server1.ibm.com:9446\/jazz\/process\/project-areas\/_zxm6sGHhEd-DStK2cZLRqg\/timelines\/_z17aAGHhEd-DStK2cZLRqg\/iterations\/_f4zu0EC_EeK99JEaAlvbdA\" does not represent a valid iteration resource URL."}
Jun 27, 2014 2:53:25 PM com.ibm.rqm.ct.util.Logger logError
SEVERE: FAILURE!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Paul Slauenwhite commented Jul 08 '14, 11:23 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Mike,

This symptom is a by-product of using a newer version of the RQM Copy Utility.  We will have to backport CopyUtil fails when copying "configuration" from one project to another (108174) to RQM 4.0.4.  Please open a PMR (see http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21507639).  As a work-around, you can ignore configuration resources (-i=configuration).

Mike Griffiths commented Jul 24 '14, 12:22 p.m.

Hi Paul, 

Thanks for the work-around (-i=configuration). I was able to go back to using the 4.0.4 Copy Utility but I'm still hitting the "does not represent a valid iteration resource URL" error. I think this is unrelated to defect 108174 so I will log a new defect shortly.
Mike

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.