It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Print PDF button stopped working

Jozef Vandenmooter (16332933) | asked Mar 21 '14, 2:57 p.m.
For some reason, all printing functionality stopped working in RQM 3.0.1.3 today. The Print Artifact Summary button does nothing. The Print Queue remains empty. Is there anything I can do to get this back to work (apart from stopping and restarting Tomcat)??

I checked the Diagnostics page - it does not contain any errors. Also, all the services on the status page are green.

Thanks,

Jozef  

Comments
Don Yang commented Mar 23 '14, 6:52 a.m.

does it happen to all types of artifacts or specific artifact only?
Have you checked with qm.log and see if you see anything there?

Jozef Vandenmooter commented Mar 23 '14, 11:33 a.m.

Don,

Thanks for the reply. I happens with all artifacts. I do not see anything related to this problem in the qm.log. Also, I stopped and restart Tomcat and that did not fix the problem. I guess we can try a reboot of the entire server next. If that also does not fix the problem it's going to be a CritSit PMR I'm afraid. The problem is that the UAT team relies on those print outs for their testing. We only have 49 RQM floating licenses and 169 testers in the floating license pool, so they use Test Script print outs to execute the Test Scripts. (we also have 19 fixed licenses).

It appears the issue started happening after the latest Windows 2012R2  OS patches upgrade round. Do you think that is possible? Do you think a reboot of the server is going to make a difference?

Thanks,

Jozef  

3 answers

permanent link
Jozef Vandenmooter (16332933) | answered Mar 28 '14, 12:26 p.m.
Turns out it had nothing to do with the OS patches...

It was caused by the qm IIntegration service not being able to start because of the following error in the qm.log file:
com.ibm.team.repository.service.InvalidConfigurationPropertyException: CRJAZ1122I Invalid configuration property, type="LONG", value=""
This was caused by an invalid value of the Rich Text Threshold variable in the following section:
Quality Management -> Application -> Advanced Properties -> RQM Integration Component.
The value was changed to 500 to get the full ETL collection job to complete two weeks ago, and changed back to its original value "blank" afterwards. However, entering a blank causes the service to crash at startup, which was done after the OS patches were applied. I changed it back to 500 and the print function started working right away.

Jozef

Comments
Don Yang commented Mar 28 '14, 11:50 p.m.

thanks for sharing the solution.

permanent link
Jozef Vandenmooter (16332933) | answered Mar 23 '14, 9:11 p.m.
Rebooting the RQM server did not fix it either. I do notice this problem started happening after the latest OS patches were applied (an astonishing 191 of them). I will try to have them rolled back. Of course, I guess it could be that it's us who should be running a more recent version of RQM (we're on 3.0.1.3) but we're in the middle of a project and there's no way we can pencil that in.

Jozef   

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Mar 23 '14, 9:44 p.m.
edited Mar 23 '14, 9:45 p.m.
Jozef,

Thanks for the more info and providing the change you did locally before you see the issue. Obviously Windows 2012 is not supported until recent v4.0.5. I am not sure if roll back the patches applied recently would help or not, as it is the only change, it is worth to have a try.
System requirements for 3.0.1.3:
https://jazz.net/library/article/632
System requirements for v4.0.6:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMSystemRequirements405406

As you indicated, the best way could be that you upgrade to v405 or 406. I am not sure how much support can do if you raise a CritSit PMR on the issue as fundamentally it is not supported environment if you have to stick to v3013.
Therefore, the best option for now is to roll back the patches and see if it works for you again or not. Good luck.

Don

Comments
Jozef Vandenmooter commented Mar 23 '14, 9:52 p.m. | edited Mar 23 '14, 9:53 p.m.

Don,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Turns out I was way off: we have CLM  3.0.1.3 running on a Windows 2008 R2 SP1 server! However, I don't see this listed in the supported list of OSs you sent me the link to:

• Windows Server 2008 R2 x86-64
  • Windows Server 2008 SP2 x86-32, x86-64
  • Windows Server 2003 SP2 x86-32, x86-64

Can I assume Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 x86-64 is supported??

Thanks,

Jozef 

I

Don Yang commented Mar 23 '14, 10:01 p.m.

Thanks Jozef.
That sounds much positive. I would say Server 2008 R2 SP1 x86-64 should be supported.

Don

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.