It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Chrome, creating a defect in RQM doesn't bring up the defect screen

Ann Lech (611) | asked Apr 28 '14, 11:51 a.m.
edited Apr 28 '14, 6:11 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

RQM 4.0.5 - Using Chrome as my browser, from the Defects section of a test result, I select the Create Defect icon, and a window pops up but all that is displayed is an unsmiling face.  This also happens if I select Change Requests --> Create Defect.  Works in firefox and IE

It should display a screen to enter fields for creating a defect which is then created a work item in RTC.

Is this a bug?  A configuration issue?

One answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Apr 28 '14, 1:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Ann,
Is your CLM environment set up in mixed content mode (i.e. some applications are set up to connect securely (HTTPS) and others are not (HTTP))?
If so, you could be running into some known limitations 

Ara

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Apr 28 '14, 8:31 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is no answer, but I've had wonky behavior from Chrome the last few months wrt dialogs and message boxes -- even its own. Something happens and it gets in a state where it does not display them, even something as simple as clicking on the star icon to save a bookmark won't bring up the bookmark dialog. If a page throws up a model alert, I don't see anything, but the browser is locked waiting for me to reply (took me a while to realize this is what was happening, now I just hit escape and everything unlocks -- but I have no idea what it was asking me). Some times closing all Chrome windows and restarting will fix this, sometimes I have to restart Windows. hmm, Next time I'll try to clear my cache and see if that helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.