It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM RTC 6 CCM how Automatically subscribe users to work items based on the Team Area?

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013130258) | asked May 10 '16, 2:27 p.m.
Hello,
How Automatically subscribe users to work items based on the Team Area.  Some information is provided in the related artifacts.
makes the work much easier Keep teams informed without have to subscribe individuals for each Work Item

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 10 '16, 4:13 p.m.
there is no built in mechanism to do this. one would have to write an extension. can't do it effectively in Javascript, only Java.. 

there is an enhancement request for something like this,
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=177613

but its over 3 yrs old. unlikely to be done, ever. 
I have suggested we build an opensource solution.. so far no takers to help me.
Rafael Rodriguez Montes selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented May 10 '16, 6:03 p.m.

I can help I know java and you could provide me the info about the api and how interact with the subscribers attribute may we could have something 

sam detweiler commented May 11 '16, 8:08 a.m.

Doing the subscribing is easy.. once you have the list of users.  this is the problem.
where is the list. and what does the list contain, is it team names, member names, role names ...??
some that are interested in this extension want specific workitem types, and certain state transitions, and from specific team areas.

note that RTC keeps extension config info BY project.

and how do we think we should present that configuration to make this extension usable?

I think it needs a UI, (aspect editor), not just xml content in the process config.
(I have another extension that uses the xml approach, but its easy to make mistakes)

I haven't done an aspect editor yet, UI is not my forte!..

sam detweiler commented May 11 '16, 8:10 a.m. | edited May 11 '16, 8:25 a.m.

and do we want to 'subscribe' the selected user (let RTC send the email) or notify them (send the email).  If we send the message, do we support message formatting, like RTC, using the same template style? (and are there separate messages for different events?)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.