It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Saving a Test Script in Browse page removes all the Test Steps available for that particular Test Script.

rohit rana (623) | asked Jun 19 '14, 9:10 a.m.
edited Jun 19 '14, 9:17 a.m.
 Hi. I am using RQM version 4.0.6 build I20140117_1809

Issue 1:

I observed one issue with RQM, Saving a Test Script in Browse page removes all the Test Steps available for that particular Test Script.

Steps to reproduce:

I.                    Browse a Test Script. (Construction > Browse > Test Script)

II.                  Change a value in any of the columns for that Test Script or get into edit mode using ‘Edit Test Script’ and Save the Test Script using ‘Save Changes’ button (or Clicking anywhere in the page which gets the item saved – Issue 2)

III.                Open the Test Script and notice all the Test Steps are removed.

Issue 2: 

1.       After any editing done in the Browse page for Test Scripts or Test Cases, the changes are getting saved by clicking anywhere in the page instead of clicking ‘Save Changes’ button in that particular Test Script or Test Case’s option.

Steps to reproduce:

I.                    Browse a Test Script or Test Case.

II.                  Change a value in any of the columns for that Test Script or get into edit mode using ‘Edit Test Script’ and Click anywhere in the page instead of selecting ‘Save Changes’ button.

III.                The Item gets saved. 

A User may decide not to save the item after selecting a different value. I believe that is why an option is given to save using ‘Save Changes’ button. Please share your comments.

One answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Jun 19 '14, 9:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Rohit
It looks as if you are encountering a known issue:

https://jazz.net/library/article/1400

There is a test fix available via Rational Customer support

Ara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.