It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 6.0.2- Excel import to repository does not work with config enabled project

Neeta Valera (45340) | asked Jun 02 '16, 3:33 p.m.
Hi,
I am trying to import a test plan with two test cases from an excel file. The import worked with a a non-config mgmnt enabled project but when i try the same excel and its corresponding config file with a configuration management enabled project, i get this error. I am using RQM 6.0.2 trial version on locally on my own machine:
6/2/2016 3:28:33 PM: sending testscript0 named Test_Case
6/2/2016 3:28:33 PM: Server returned code Forbidden
6/2/2016 3:28:33 PM: Error sending to server Test_Case of type testscript
6/2/2016 3:28:33 PM: Forbidden
6/2/2016 3:28:33 PM: sending testscript1 named Test_Config_Management_GIS-504.10.1_Routing_Style
6/2/2016 3:28:33 PM: Server returned code Forbidden

Thank you

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 02 '16, 8:07 p.m.

It seems that CMed project is handled slight different as per the info of ExcelImporter:

The Word/Excel Importer can import test resources to a configuration management enabled project area by specifying the URI for the target configuration.        If no configuration is specified, the tool will target the default configuration for the selected project area.        Any configuration URI can be entered manually into the Configuration URI text input area.        Alternatively, the user can use the local configuration picker by clicking the "Find" button to the right of the Configuration URI text input area.

Neeta Valera commented Jun 03 '16, 9:31 a.m.

Thanks for your reply. I had read the documentation above. But even in a non-config enabled project we have to select URI, i don't see how it is any different for config enabled projects. The problem is even after selecting the local configuration using the "Find" button, I get the above listed error.

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jun 07 '16, 7:58 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Please open a RQM defect with all the details.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.