It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 6.0.2: How to link a Requirement to a Test Script?

Neeta Valera (45643) | asked May 18 '16, 2:04 p.m.
Hi, I see a "Validates requirements" column in the test script table but when I edit the test script row, it does not show the requirements dropdown like it shows when linking a requirement to a test case, what am I missing??:

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered May 18 '16, 8:47 p.m.
Hi, Neeta

Linking a requirement to a test script step is slightly different from test case. You need to follow the below instructions for you to see 'Validates requirements' link in test script view.

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.2/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_lnk_scrpt_stps_reqs.html?lang=en

hopefully this helps.

Comments
Neeta Valera commented May 19 '16, 2:01 p.m.

Thank you for the reply. I followed the link above but it still does not work. I have both the checkboxes checked on the properties page, but I still cannot select the requirements at the test script level after I click "Edit Test Script" in the second column on the test script table. Why is it not working?
Thanks

Don Yang commented May 19 '16, 7:20 p.m.

you can only add requirement to script level in the test script not test script view's 'Validate requirement' column. Following the documents, if test script is a part of a test case which is linking to the requirement(s), you are able to add the requirement(s) to the script step, something like:

In Test Script view, you can see the link and filter, not to add another link from there.
Hopefully this clarifies.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.