It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I end a RAM session using the custom Ant scripts?

Andy Jewell (24236174) | asked Oct 24 '13, 5:08 p.m.
 Hi. . . I've just started using the RAM ant scripts, I've found them very well documented and if the author/s of those are reading - thank you!  You did a great job.

My question is, I wonder if there's something I need to be doing to close out of my RAM session?  I just got this error:

> There was an error while connecting to server with the hyperlink https://ramurl/ram.com.ibm.ram.common.data.exception.RAMRuntimeException: Error 503: The maximum number of sessions for this account has been reached. Log out from existing sessions or ask the system administrator to increase the maximum number of sessions per user.

This happened because I kept having to test an upload script again and again (that's another topic -- but it can't find my archive file that appears to be in plain sight. . .!).  So anyhow, I think I wore out my welcome on the RAM server and was wondering if I should be somehow logging out.  I could not find any tasks relating to logging out on the documentation page.

Thanks for any suggestions!

- Andy

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Oct 24 '13, 5:35 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 24 '13, 5:41 p.m.
What version of RAM client and RAM Ant client are you using?

If the Ant didn't just crash then it should of closed the sessions when Ant completed. An Ant buildexception is not a crash, so Ant errors should of still cleaned up the session. A crash is hard going down that wasn't caught by Ant.

As of RAM 7.5.1.2 a lot of problems with closing of sessions had been fixed. If pre-7.5.1.2 there were problems with RAMSession itself not logging out correctly. These problems occurred whether running Ant or Java code with RAMSession.

Actually 7.5.1.2 had an additional problem releasing sessions if on the server the Session Security Integration WAS feature was accidentally turned on. This setting is on by default for WAS 8. We recommend turning it off. We fixed RAMSession in 7.5.2 RAMClient and server combination to handle it if this feature was turned on.
Andy Jewell selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andy Jewell commented Oct 24 '13, 6:03 p.m.

It seemed like an ant exception:

:ramUpload FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

Where:
Build file 'C:\Users\O386600\mberelease_preprod\master\build.gradle' line: 208

What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':publishAsset'.
>
The archive MBE_Release_PREPROD-241013-1.zip doesn't exist
        at org.apache.tools.ant.types.ArchiveFileSet.getDirectoryScanner(ArchiveFileSet.java:291)

The lock seemed to clear fairly quickly.  My root cause was that I wasn't using the full path in the src attribute for <ram:artifactSet src="${ram.asset.artifacts}">.  Good to know that no logout is required.  Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.