It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does the requirement name get populated in "Link Type" column of Traceability Report?

Radha Sastrigal (111222) | asked Jun 12 '14, 12:48 p.m.
We have a scenerio where there are 300+ requirements being linked to an artifact that was preventing the links explorer to display the requirements.
So, decided to use Collections to group all those requirements and link the collection to the artfact and unlinked all those individual links.

When a Traceability Report was extracted from the "Collection", the report shows the following columns:
Link Type; ID; Name; Artifact Type
All other values are correct except for Link Type, where instead of being blank shows the requirement name same as "Name" column.

Is this a defect for the report? Or requires a course correction?

Please advise.

Thank You!

One answer

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Aug 01 '14, 7:11 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If I understand your scenario correctly, my guess would be that the report is showing the title of the link (which can default to the name of what is being linked) rather than the name of the type of link.
If this is the case, I would recommend opening a defect for the development team to investigate.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.