It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do my requirements disappear from view?

Doyle Kint (2311014) | asked Aug 17 '12, 11:08 a.m.

I am working in RRC 3.0.1.3.

I have some requirements in the top-level folder that have some custom attributes.  I run the "Filter by Folder" on the top level folder to see all my requirements.  From there, I used "Choose which columns to show" to add columns for the custom attributes that I'd like to be able to see.   I want to be able to easily get to this view, so I created a Saved Filter with my columns shown.   But when I run the filter, none of my requirements show up.

I can get them to reappear by 'erasing' my custom filter and then running the "Filter by Folder" on the top level folder, but then the columns I want to see are no longer shown.  It's almost like the folder filter isn't getting saved to my custom filter, but I can't seem to get at the filter details.

How do I create a filter that shows all of my requirements, but still showing my defined columns?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Aug 17 '12, 2:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Doyle,

If you have a folder and columns selected it should be stored in the saved filter. When you click your saved filter do you see the "Filter by Folder" section and your folder highlighted in an orange colour?

If this is not happening, how are you creating the saved filter because the steps you describe above are correct.

1. Choose the filters
2. Choose the columns to be displayed
3. Save this filter as a view, giving it a name, description and specifying whether it is a private or shared view.

When the saved view dialogue comes up, does the artifact grid still contain the filtered artifacts?
Daniel Moul selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.