It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to change existing master test plan into a child test plan?

Mateusz Cebula (23914) | asked May 19 '14, 4:54 a.m.
I have created test plan A and then I have created test plan B which should be a master test plan for A. How I can link plan A as a child test plan for B? Plan A has no child now and is not attached to another test plan, but I cannot see it in the window to choose test plan to be added as a child for B. I use RQM 4.0.4.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered May 19 '14, 9:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Mateusz,
In your scenario, if Test Plan 'A' is marked as a Master Test Plan, it will not be available (i.e. displayed) to select as a Child Test Plan.
You can verify this by looking at the Icon associated to Test Plan A; the Master designation will look like this

Icon
You will need to remove all of the associated Child Test Plan and the Child Test Plans section itself to in order to remove the Master designation from the Test Plan

Mateusz Cebula selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mateusz Cebula commented May 19 '14, 9:52 a.m.

Great, it has worked! Thanks.

2 other answers

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered May 19 '14, 7:39 a.m.
In the test plan B, you can select the "Child Test Plans" section to add the existing test plan A as the child test plan. If you could not see "Child Test Plans" section, please click "Manage sections" to add it.
You can refer https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_add_new_testcase_to_plan.html&scope=null for the details steps.

Comments
Mateusz Cebula commented May 19 '14, 7:55 a.m.

I know how to do it normally. I have Child Test Plans section, I click Add Test Plans button, but I cannot see plan A in the list displayed.

permanent link
Sowmya C (768) | answered May 04 '16, 8:47 a.m.
Thanks Ara that was very useful!!!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.