It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Link To Remote Requirement

Derk Rembold (1635) | asked May 16 '14, 10:05 a.m.
Hi,

I am using Rhapsody 8.0.5 and DM 4.0.5.

I created a number of requirements with RCC and I tried to link them in Rhapsody with the menu item "Link To Remote Requirement". A window does pop up, and I can choose "Link Type", "Project" and "Type".

After I selected the browse button for the link item, another window shows up and I can select the requirement in RCC. I press ok, and the "Requirement Selection" window becomes blank and stays blank. I have no idea how to overcome this problem, for this reason I ask here. In DM I can set the link just fine, not in rhapsody.

Any suggestions?

4 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered May 16 '14, 10:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This V406 help page describes the OSLC domain link types available

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Fr_rm_link_domains.html

DM supports the OSLC Architecture Specification but I don't know about Rhapsody.

permanent link
Derk Rembold (1635) | answered May 16 '14, 10:58 a.m.
Hi thanks,

I was looking into this. The page you gave me just describes the link relationships between the rational products. However it does not explain why I see a blank page after setting the link between a rhapsody usecase and a rcc requirement, as described above. Note that I can select the rcc requirement from rhapsody, but after choosing it, the windows becomes blank.

Derk.

Comments
Robin Bater commented May 16 '14, 11:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Unfortunately I don't have Rhapsody installed so I don't know why it would be blank after setting the link. I am hoping that somebody who does have it installed can help.

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered May 16 '14, 12:17 p.m.
edited May 16 '14, 12:20 p.m.
Hi Derk,

Check if you are not falling into the problem described in the following technote:
Cannot select a requirement when linking to Rational DOORS module from Rational Rhapsody

Regards,
Francçois

permanent link
Derk Rembold (1635) | answered May 20 '14, 5:03 a.m.
Hi Francois,

thanks for the link. yes, I think this is the problem.

I just dont understand the workaround:

"To avoid this problem, select the Rational DOORS ERS service when you create the initial association to the Design Manager project. "

Is "Rational DOORS ERS service" something to select when creating the link between a RCC project and a DM project?

Derk.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.