It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Email notification to multiple email addresses

Angela Borchard (70820) | asked May 15 '14, 2:42 a.m.

Hello,

We have an RTC (4.0.3) and RBF (7.1.3.3) integrated with LDAP.

The LDAP server has a single email address for each employee  eg Jane.Doe@amazon.com

Is there a recommended approach to enable RTC and RBF to send email notifications to 2 email addresses, such as:

1. Jane.Doe@amazon.com         (standard extension for all employees....eg amazon.com)

2. Jane.Doe@gmail.com             (could be any extension)

Thanks,

-Angela

3 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.2k34389) | answered May 15 '14, 11:39 a.m.
Hi Angela,
On jazz.net we just were doing it in following way: created e-mail group. And we were using group address. That will be the easiest way. I do not know any other possibility to fix oyur issue.

Comments
Angela Borchard commented May 15 '14, 5:08 p.m. | edited May 16 '14, 2:37 a.m.

Thank you Krzysztof.  I was hoping that there might be an alternative option. I have over 2000 users and the second email address would be the vendors email address.

For example:

Jane.Doe@companyA.com

Jane.Doe@companyB.com

sam detweiler commented May 15 '14, 5:52 p.m.

currently you cannot extend the user record to include any additional data like this.

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.2k34389) | answered May 16 '14, 2:51 a.m.
Hi Angela,
I believe that you should create new RFE for that if you want to have it implemented:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational Team Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=enhancement

permanent link
Jin Feng (3114) | answered May 19 '14, 11:31 p.m.
Hi, Angela:

In RBF, they are two places that you can setup email notifications:
1) system alter email, it is under menu "Administration-->System-->System Alert Email". This part allows you to put multiple email addresses. But it is for system alter emails
2) Step/job failed email notification, it is not support for one user to use multiple email addresses. But there is a workaround which we use all the time. You need add one more user in:
Jane: jane@email1.com
Jane1: jane@email2.com
I understand it is a time-consuming job to implement, but it is the only workaround so far.
This function needs RBF 7132 or higher version.

Thanks/Jin

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.