It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Schedule" build option is not working with Jazz Build Engine.

Rahi J (29437) | asked Jan 10 '18, 5:33 a.m.
edited Jan 10 '18, 8:44 a.m. by Fariz Saracevic (904613)

Dear Team,

We are using RTC 6.0.3 and we have configured build definition in RTC.
Their is a Schedule tab, where we have enabled the optioned scheduled build and mentioned the time and date to trigger automatic build.

But we have observed that build is triggering to Build engine (which I can see in command line), but not reflecting into eclipse client.

Please let me know if any other option we have to enable, or what else we need to do.

Cheers,
Deepak Jain 

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 10 '18, 7:23 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This question does not make any sense to me, however

1. The build is scheduled for a Build definition
2. A request is created and added to the build queue (if tere is not an identical already)
3. A build engine that is free and supports this build definition will pick up building the build request
4. The result is visible in the build queue

This ishow this is designed.

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | answered Jan 10 '18, 7:33 a.m.
edited Jan 10 '18, 7:34 a.m.

In addition to Ralph's comments, If you have selected "Build only if there are changes..." option in Jazz source control tab the scheduled build will run only if there are differences between the previous and current state.

In this case, the build will start and that is what you see in the command line and when it hits the point where there are no changes, it aborts itself.

You will not see this in build results.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.