It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM i: The required resource definition was not found. A dependency build cannot be executed...

Kenneth Munch (13522124) | asked Jun 14 '13, 4:23 a.m.
We'd like to use dependency build, with RTC on a windows platform, against IBM i (7).
We're almost there:

Found a user request for build definition ABC Dependency Build
Substituted the following build property variables:
Substituted the following configuration element property variables:
Should build occur?
Yes: Always build a user initiated request.
The JAZZ_USER build property is not specified.  The build pre-processing code will be running under the ADMIN user ID.  If you wish to run the build pre-processing code under a user ID other than ADMIN, define the JAZZ_USER build property either in your build engine or your build definition.
Accepting changes into workspace "IBM.integration WS BUILDER"...
Performing full dependency analysis
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: The required resource definition was not found. A dependency build cannot be executed.

Which resource definition do we need to set ?. Language defs look OK. We're only running RPGLE at the moment. What else ?
Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Doyle (60425) | answered Jun 14 '13, 9:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Source Library on one of your IBM i Projects in your stream has not been set.  You can set it by right clicking on your IBM i project going to Properties and then the Enterprise Extensions property page.  You need to set both the Source and Object Libraries.  This will create a change that you then need to deliver.

Note: In 4.0.3 this error message has been improved to call out that it is the Source Library that is missing.
Kenneth Munch selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.