It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I enable post-build options in RTC for builds on IBM i (enterprise edition)

Phil Catlin (336) | asked Jan 16 '15, 8:24 a.m.
edited Jan 16 '15, 8:33 a.m.
When I go to edit the build definition, the post-build tab indicates that there are no options available to configure.  I am trying to enable a "Green Build" deliver to an integration stream as documented in one of the online articles.

Using RTC 4.04 and RDi

Use Case:
We have implemented a production release of software for 1 region of our company.  We are now working with Region 2 on their enhancement requirements.  I need to be able to support maintenance (break-fix) activities on region 1 while simultaneously developing for region 2.  My plan was to copy the installed baseline to a new workspace, then use a green build stream to push break-fix code changes to an integration workspace, then accept changes from the integration workspace into the main development workspace.
As this is IBM i, traditional language development,  I am only concerned about source code for all of the above.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sean Babineau (38825) | answered Jan 16 '15, 2:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Phil, thanks for your question!
The short answer is, we should add an enhancement to allow some other post-build operations on our IBM i build definition (in your case, it sounds like the Post-build Deliver operation which is available, e.g. for a regular Ant build). 
We have pre & post build commands which run on the IBM i (e.g. to call CL programs) but that's not what you're looking for. 

In the meantime, one thought (apart from manual deliver) might be to have a "wrapper" general Ant build which uses an Ant script to launch the IBM i build request (i.e. using RTC build Ant tasks, see 4.0.4 reference), and uses the post-build deliver operation which would now be available to this type of build definition. 

Phil Catlin selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Phil Catlin commented Jan 19 '15, 10:31 a.m.

Thanks Sean!
I suspect that for now manual might be the best for us, (but I'll take a look at the Ant wrapper).
I would like to see this as an enhancement request.  Is there some special procedure for that?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.