It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Email notification to multiple email addresses

Angela Borchard (701120) | asked May 15 '14, 2:42 a.m.

Hello,

We have an RTC (4.0.3) and RBF (7.1.3.3) integrated with LDAP.

The LDAP server has a single email address for each employee  eg Jane.Doe@amazon.com

Is there a recommended approach to enable RTC and RBF to send email notifications to 2 email addresses, such as:

1. Jane.Doe@amazon.com         (standard extension for all employees....eg amazon.com)

2. Jane.Doe@gmail.com             (could be any extension)

Thanks,

-Angela

3 answers

permanent link
Jin Feng (3114) | answered May 19 '14, 11:31 p.m.
Hi, Angela:

In RBF, they are two places that you can setup email notifications:
1) system alter email, it is under menu "Administration-->System-->System Alert Email". This part allows you to put multiple email addresses. But it is for system alter emails
2) Step/job failed email notification, it is not support for one user to use multiple email addresses. But there is a workaround which we use all the time. You need add one more user in:
Jane: jane@email1.com
Jane1: jane@email2.com
I understand it is a time-consuming job to implement, but it is the only workaround so far.
This function needs RBF 7132 or higher version.

Thanks/Jin

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered May 16 '14, 2:51 a.m.
Hi Angela,
I believe that you should create new RFE for that if you want to have it implemented:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational Team Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=enhancement

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered May 15 '14, 11:39 a.m.
Hi Angela,
On jazz.net we just were doing it in following way: created e-mail group. And we were using group address. That will be the easiest way. I do not know any other possibility to fix oyur issue.

Comments
Angela Borchard commented May 15 '14, 5:08 p.m. | edited May 16 '14, 2:37 a.m.

Thank you Krzysztof.  I was hoping that there might be an alternative option. I have over 2000 users and the second email address would be the vendors email address.

For example:

Jane.Doe@companyA.com

Jane.Doe@companyB.com

sam detweiler commented May 15 '14, 5:52 p.m.

currently you cannot extend the user record to include any additional data like this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.