Unable to move model from Rhapsody to Design Manager Server
I have a DM 4.0.2 project that is configured to use the Document System Domain and the Rhapsody SysML domain. I have a Rhapsody SysML model that's opened in Rhapsody 8.0.5. I installed the DM 4.0.2 client extension into my Rhapsody 8.0.5 installation directory using the IBM Installation Manager. I'm able to set the DM server in the collaboration view - or, at least, it appears I'm able to do that, as I get a drop down list of my test projects on the DM server in the collaboration view. However, when I go to Tools > Design Manager > Move To Design Manager, I see the server listed, but the OK button is grayed out. When I try to expand the plus button next to the listed server, I get the circular Windows 7 thinking icon, but nothing ever happens. I've tried removing the server and adding it back, but I get the same result.
Here's a screen shot from my Rhapsody client.
Any ideas on what's wrong or ways of debugging the issue?
Thanks,
Joe Gariano
Here's a screen shot from my Rhapsody client.
Any ideas on what's wrong or ways of debugging the issue?
Thanks,
Joe Gariano
One answer
Francois,
I have created two projects on the server: one is actively managed, and the other is externally managed. The one that is actively managed is called "DM_Sandbox" and is visible in the pull down in the collaboration view as shown in the screen shot.
When opening the Move To Design Manager window, it did prompt me for my credentials, which it seem to accept.
Both of the projects I created were created directly in DM. I had those up and was playing with them in the web client before I even installed the Rhapsody client extension.
A few additional thoughts:
- As you can see in the picture, it appears to be letting me connect to the server (as I mentioned, it seemed ok with my credential). I would think that by expanding the plus sign next to the server, I would be shown a list of actively managed project to which I could move the model. That that's the part that isn't working; it does nothing when I try to click the plus button.
- Note that I did installed the DM 4.0.2 client extension with Rhapsody 8.0.5. I bring that up because you had mentioned the right most digit in the version numbers ideally should match (e.g. 4.0.2 and 8.0.2 or 4.0.5 and 8.0.5). Would you expect that to be an issue?
Let me know what my next steps are in the debugging process.
Thanks,
Joe
Comments
Francois-xavier Panaget
May 09 '14, 5:58 a.m.Joe Gariano
May 12 '14, 10:19 a.m.Francois-xavier Panaget
May 13 '14, 12:51 p.m.