Problem with CLM RSADM start up
Hello friends,
I installed CLM+RSADM in a CentOS machine with Tomcat and when I start up the server, the following lines appears in catalina.out log:
INFO: Deploying web application archive /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/tomcat/webapps/rsadm.war
[Fatal Error] :48:29: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.
Cannot start RSA DM Default Display Thread : No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this application requires it.
10:37:12,508 [Start Level Event Dispatcher] ERROR m.xtools.rmps.renderingapp.displaythread.Activator - Cannot start RSA DM Default Display Thread : No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this application requires it.
This error does not prevent the server from starting. But if I set up the DISPLAY variable with "export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0", the following error occurs:
Starting RSA DM Default Display Thread
Exception in thread "RSA DM Default Display Thread" org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles [gtk_init_check() failed]
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4387)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.createDisplay(Display.java:914)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.create(Display.java:900)
at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.<init>(Device.java:156)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:498)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:489)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.getDefault(Display.java:1634)
at com.ibm.xtools.rmps.renderingapp.displaythread.Activator.uiThread(Activator.java:113)
at com.ibm.xtools.rmps.renderingapp.displaythread.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:163)
When this occurs, the server is not started up.
I think the problem must be the absent of a lib in CentOS, but what lib?
Does anybody knows what libs are necessary in linux to deploy CLM+RSADM?
I installed CLM+RSADM in a CentOS machine with Tomcat and when I start up the server, the following lines appears in catalina.out log:
INFO: Deploying web application archive /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/tomcat/webapps/rsadm.war
[Fatal Error] :48:29: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.
Cannot start RSA DM Default Display Thread : No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this application requires it.
10:37:12,508 [Start Level Event Dispatcher] ERROR m.xtools.rmps.renderingapp.displaythread.Activator - Cannot start RSA DM Default Display Thread : No X11 DISPLAY variable was set, but this application requires it.
This error does not prevent the server from starting. But if I set up the DISPLAY variable with "export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0", the following error occurs:
Starting RSA DM Default Display Thread
Exception in thread "RSA DM Default Display Thread" org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles [gtk_init_check() failed]
at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4387)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.createDisplay(Display.java:914)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.create(Display.java:900)
at org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device.<init>(Device.java:156)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:498)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:489)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.getDefault(Display.java:1634)
at com.ibm.xtools.rmps.renderingapp.displaythread.Activator.uiThread(Activator.java:113)
at com.ibm.xtools.rmps.renderingapp.displaythread.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:163)
When this occurs, the server is not started up.
I think the problem must be the absent of a lib in CentOS, but what lib?
Does anybody knows what libs are necessary in linux to deploy CLM+RSADM?
One answer
Hi Luiz,
CentOS is not a support Operating System for RSA DM (see supported the Operating systems for RSA DM 5.0).
This being said, can you check:
CentOS is not a support Operating System for RSA DM (see supported the Operating systems for RSA DM 5.0).
This being said, can you check:
-
with printenv for example what is the DISPLAY variable is set to?
(probably best to check the bash and sh shells). -
if the X Virtual Frame Buffer (Xvfb) should not be installed (probably required anyhow for RM anyhow).
-
your ulimit settings?
For example, here is some values documented on the CLM knowledge center: Planning to install on UNIX and Linux systems
I hope this will help you.
Regards,
François