It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Navigating Tree of Impact Analysis Diagram showing "Unknown Domain / Unknown Type" catagory

Jin Zhou (191711) | asked Jan 05 '13, 1:36 a.m.
 Hi

I have a design manage project area(MyDMProjectArea) which has an association to another requirement manage project area(MyRMProjectArea).
I also created an OSLC link from one artifact (artifactDM) in MyDMProjectArea to the target artifact(artifactRM) which is located in MYRMProjectArea.

Then I am running Impact Analysis against artifactDM from MyDMProjectArea, the generated diagram is including  the OSLC link to artifactRM, when the mouse hovering above the link end, I can view the basic info of artifactRM info or navigating to link target artifact project area.

But, when I check the Navigation Tree on the right below side of the Impact Analysis Diagram page, I found the artifactRM is listed under "Unknow Domain/Unknown Type" category.

My questions are
(1)  There is an association existed from MyDMProjectArea to MyRMProjectArea, and when hovering over tartifactRM on Impact Analysis Diagram, I can view the info, why the Impact Analysis Diagram still couldn't recognize the Domain/Type info of artifactRM ?

(2) What operation is required to make artifafctRM recognizable by Impact Analysis Diagram? MyDMProjectArea and MyRMProjectArea are separated project areas though they are running under the same JTS server, do I have to create dependency from MyDMProjectArea workspace to the snapshort of MyRMProjectArea?

Thank You

Comments
Bruce Torres commented Jan 07 '13, 6:48 a.m.

Hi,
The same situation
happened to me, when I made a link between DM and RTC.

Regards,

Accepted answer

permanent link
W Diu (58026) | answered Jan 07 '13, 4:13 p.m.
Jin Zhou selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Jin Zhou (191711) | answered Jan 07 '13, 6:21 p.m.
Thank you, W Diu.

I checked the content of WI 36267, should be the same problem occurred in my environment.

When creating Impact Analysis Diagram with default impact configuration, OSLC links would be shown on the diagram but [navigate tree ] couldn't recognize the OSLC links type whose target artifacts are in other project areas.

Further more, if modify the filter info on the impact configuration, all the OSLC link info won't be shown on the impact diagram any more even I have selected all the options on [project links] tab.

Thanks for help
Best Regards

Comments
Troy Dugger commented Jan 11 '13, 4:39 p.m.

Hi Jean Zhou,

A comment on the last part of your comment above...
> Further more, if modify the filter info on the impact configuration, all the OSLC link info won't be shown on the impact diagram any more even I have selected all the options on [project links] tab.

Is what you are seeing there this?
Impact Analysis Diagram looses shape labels after hitting refresh in IA page in IE only (31446)

Thanks,
Troy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.