It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can the jazz_admin can configure custom reports on Personal dashboards of new users

Chidambaram L (23414178) | asked May 01 '14, 2:41 a.m.
By default, personal dashboards of new users have widgets namely, Welcome, Customize your dashboards & My Projects.
Can jazz_admins add a new widget to the personal dashboard, so that it will automatically reflect for all new users created from that point.
Alternately jazz_admin can edit personal dashboard of each new user manually. That is a lot of work for jazz_admin.

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented May 01 '14, 6:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi - this is a good question.  I managed to track down the project area process configuration settings where the default template is kept for the project area. If you open the project area process in Eclipse and look at

Project Configuration->Configuration Data->Dashbaord->Dashboard Templates you will see the ${scope}'s Dashboard (contributor) and you can edit the content of the dashboard there.

I tried to change this - but it did not change my own personal dashboard.  I suspect this gets created when you add a new user, or even when you create a new project area.

Hopefully, someone else will have some better ideas.

anthony

sam detweiler commented May 01 '14, 7:24 a.m. | edited May 01 '14, 7:26 a.m.

That is the template for a user dashboard created when the user creates it. (personal dashboards, create dashboard)
I was just able to select the project area to create a personal dashboard and it has the extra viewlet I added just before that. (the user can do this multiple times from the same project template, you can only have 1 of each, project, team, user)
so, if they have not customized the db, you could ask the user to delete and recreate one for that project to get the new viewlet content

Team and project dashboads are created when the team/project are created.

Chidambaram, you said that the Admin COULD change the users existing dashboards manually? I have not found how to do that.

Chidambaram L commented May 01 '14, 8:03 a.m.

@Sam, This dashboard is automatically created when the user account is created. After creating a new user account, admin opens this dashboard, edits the widgets and save the new dashboard.

Chidambaram L commented May 01 '14, 8:05 a.m.

@Anthony, That is for the project or team area dashboard.

sam detweiler commented May 01 '14, 8:08 a.m.

@Chidambaram, I do not see how to edit a new users dashboard. (other than logging on as the new user, which is not possible if you are LDAP connected)

I just created a new user. (4.0.4)

Chidambaram L commented May 01 '14, 10:34 a.m.

@Sam, you are correct. jazz_admins cannot edit personal dashboards of other users.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.