It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Merging RTC Repositories

Pravesh Patel (37622615) | asked Apr 03 '09, 6:51 p.m.
We have the situation where we have several Products in a Product Stack which have interdependencies on each other using various RTC repositories. One subset of products in the stack is using 1 RTC repository and 2 other Products are using 2 other RTC repositories. We need to merge these 4 repositories so that we have all of the products in the stack using the same RTC repository.

From what I understand there is no Project Area Import/Export or repository merge capability in 1.0 or 2.0. Is this correct?

We are only using Work Items, not the SCM. Assuming the Work Item schemas were the same (or compatible), would it be possible using the Java APIs to query the Team Area structure, Users, and Work Items from one repository and create it on another?

Is there a better solution now or in the works?

Thanks!

3 answers

permanent link
Adrian Cho (82113322) | answered Apr 03 '09, 7:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You are correct that we don't have this capability today and it is not slated for 2.0. It is on the list for a future release.

permanent link
John Kohl (1461815) | answered May 29 '09, 10:25 a.m.
The tough part I think is getting all the cross-work-item references
preserved. I've got a project area in one repo that I'd love to merge
with another one, but not at the expense of broken links (mentions
links, parent/child relationships, blocks/blocked by, etc.)

Is there a WI tracking this request?
--
John Kohl
Senior Software Engineer - Rational Software - IBM Software Group
Lexington, Massachusetts, USA
jtk@us.ibm.com
<http>

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered May 29 '09, 4:23 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
See

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/65651

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.