It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

problem in checkin files to repository workspace

Pavitra Chitikela (15112) | asked Jul 02 '17, 10:10 p.m.

Hi, 

I have created a repository workspace with visibility project area. My other team members also wants to use the same repository workspace and make changes to it. He loaded the workspace, made changes and tried to check-in. But its not allowing to checkin he is getting error as "permission denied during source control operation". <o:p> </o:p>

"Permission denied. Only the owner of the repository workspace can modify it". Do I need to modify any other settings so that he can checkin his files.  <o:p> </o:p>

Regards, <o:p> </o:p>

Pavitra  <o:p> </o:p>

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jul 02 '17, 11:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

A repository workspace is a developer's private development work area. Once the developer has completed a task he/she shares it with other developer's in the team by flowing/delivering the changes to a stream. Other developers accept the changes from the stream.

Repository workspaces must not be shared among developers. Use a stream to share the work within the team. Also, if the same repository workspace is loaded in different machines (or in a different directory) when a change is made from one system (or sandbox) the sandbox in the other system will go out of sync.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.