It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Link test cases to suites while exporting cases

Marita Mayerhofer (878) | asked Apr 07 '14, 4:41 p.m.

Hi all,

I need some help. I am using the Rational Quality Manager Version 4.0.0.1. I have already uploaded test scenarios through the Excel RQM Data Importer and that worked fine. In there I defined the XLSArtifactID as well.

In the next step, I would like to upload test cases and link them to a test suite which XLSArtifactID I refer to in Column C. I am using the following function in my cfg file: testcase.testsuite=LinkExisting(C).

The name of the suite and the XLSArtifactID are exactly the same. Could that be a problem?

The problem I have now is that it returns me the error: "Error when getting test suite with the id "xxx"".

Has someone had a similar problem?

I tested the cfg file and this one seems to work, the same for the Excel document I use. I am quiete sure that it has something to do with the XLSArifactID of the suite. Is there a naming standard you need to follow for the XLSArtifactID? If so, how does it look like and where can it be defined? Is there anything a test suite needs in order to be able to refer to it? Is it okey that I am uploading the XLSArtifactID when I uploaded the suites?

Thank you very very much for your help.

Marita

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Apr 08 '14, 3:42 a.m.
"The name of suite and XLSArtifactID are the same" should not be a problem. In the Samples, you can find cfg file for script and test case also use the same XLSArtifactID as the title.
There is no information that XLSArtifactID has naming standard but my test result suggests that you can not have
space in the string which is used for XLSArtifactID, for example: testsuite.XLSArtifactID="Test Suite". or testsuite.XLSArtifactID=C1 in which C1 has string containing space such as Test Suite. In that case, when using
testcase.testsuite=LinkExisting(C1) or testcase.testsuite=LinkExisting("Test Suite"), you would get something like:
"Error when getting test suite with the id "xxx""

Once you have external id set as Test_Suite(for example C1 is Test_Suite), then creating testsuite.XLSArtifactID=C1
and testsuite.dc:title=C1 won't matter, you will get the expected result linking testcase to the existing test suite by:
testcase.testsuite=LinkExisting(C1)

If you want to confirm whether space not allowing in LinkExisting() modifier's external id is a defect or expected, you may want to contact support if no further inputs from the developers in forum(at least I cannot find any doc indicating the limitation)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.