It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking DNG Module view to RQM test plan

Anders Malmberg (1121214) | asked Oct 12 '15, 6:49 a.m.
What am I missing here? I try to link a DNG Module View to a RQM test plan, but it seems like it is not possible, I can not find out where to specify the View, I can only select the Module. Looking for a similar solution as when you integrate DOORS v9.x with RQM.
If this is not possible, all reporting on traceability and coverage on Requirements and test does not make sense. A Heading and similar will then count as "requirement".
I also tried to make a Collection of the requirements in the module, when I linked that to a RQM test plan, the requirements where showing twice when displayed in "View as: Coverage".
I am struggling to find the most proper way of handling this integration between DNG Modules and RQM Test Plans, please share your thoughts on this.

I have tried in v5.0.2 and v6.0

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Oct 12 '15, 8:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When linking from RQM, you should see views along with the modules (they are indented under the module they are part of).  From DNG, you can use the context menu on a module view to create a link.  

If you're not seeing the views or the Add a Link menu, the problem may be that it doesn't work for all types of views.  The view has to be specific for the module, not shared across all modules.  When you save the view, there is an option to save it just for this module or for all modules; you'll need to choose the first option. 
Anders Malmberg selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Anders Malmberg (1121214) | answered Oct 12 '15, 8:26 a.m.
Problem was that the view was "Use in all modules"!!
Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.