It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Artifact's name changed to "Description" upon artifact creation using RRC 4.0.6- is this a bug?

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924559) | asked Mar 21 '14, 9:56 a.m.
edited Mar 21 '14, 9:59 a.m.
Hi,
Using RRC 4.0.6 and FF ESR 17.0.x, when I created an artifact (let's say a system requirement), and after filling the Name in and pressing the OK button, the artifact is created and shown in the artifacts view with name "Description".
That happened to me more than once.
Even when I can access to the artifact and edit that name again, it's a bit annoying that the tool doesn't keep the name I originally entered (see images pasted above).
Is this bug or has something changed from RRC 4.0.2?
Thanks!
Victoria
RRC 406 - artifact's name on creation

RRC 406 - artifact's name on edition

Comments
Erica Tran commented Mar 21 '14, 11:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Maria, 
The create artifact feature was changed in 4.0.6.  There is a note about this in the 4.0.6 documentation.  See the link below.  But I haven't seen this issue yet.  Are there specific steps you take to reproduce the problem?

New and Noteworthy:
Artifact creation: Set initial content

One answer

permanent link
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924559) | answered Mar 21 '14, 2:05 p.m.
Hi!
I do more testing based on your feedback and I noticed the following behavior:
1) When the artifact being created is not based on an artifact template (artifact template is "None"), the text provided as the initial content is shown as the artifact's primary text, after the artifact is created.
2) When the artifact being created is based on an artifact template (artifact template is <> "None"), the text provided as the initial content is not kept and therefore not shown as the artifact's primary text, after the artifact is created. Probably this how it is supposed to work when working with artifacts based on a custom template.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.