It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do artifacts disappear from collections when new artifacts added?

Andrew Codrington (17733135) | asked Jul 03 '12, 1:40 p.m.
edited Jul 03 '12, 1:47 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
We've noticed that if we use the "Add Artifacts to Collection" 'Pencil' menu item from a 'Browse Artifacts' list it will successfully add the selected items to a collection but it will also remove any artifacts that were there before - essentially it is 'replacing' instead of 'adding'.

It seems to occur on both the 'Add and Close' and 'Add' paths through the dialogs.

The only way we can 'add' instead of 'replace' is to open the collection artifact itself and use the 'Add Artifacts' button at the upper left.

Please advise if this is a known issue. I couldn't find anything obvious here in the forums or in the Jazz CCM for RM

We are on 3.0.1.2.

2 answers

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jul 23 '12, 8:50 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello
I tried this in my RRC 40 environment using the JKE Banking sample and could not reproduce.  It works as expected.  The artifact gets added to the existing collection.

Perhaps there is a filter applied to the collection which is causing the rest of the artifacts to be hidden.  Clear all filters.

the best way to continue is to open a workitem and provide details on the type of project being used and the type of artifacts being added to the collection.

Comments
Andrew Codrington commented Aug 02 '12, 4:31 p.m.

I've done more testing in our 3.0.1.2 system with FF 3.6.23. It is only happening in some RRC Project Areas - some work as expected.

It is not a filter issue.

I'll open a work item.

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jul 24 '12, 12:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Does your collection have a long list of artifacts that might extend beyond the page limit (default 20) and the new artifacts are pushing the older artifacts onto a different page?

Comments
Andrew Codrington commented Aug 02 '12, 4:32 p.m.

No, it's not paging. I'm able to do this by starting with a collection of 1 artifact. If I add 3 more artifacts the collection then contains 3 items, not the expected 4. I've tried with a few different artifact types.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.