It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Captcha is too difficult to guess

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103) | asked Feb 26 '14, 11:42 a.m.
Hello,
I just was working with new Forum user. I have noticed that captcha has been added, which is fine due to big amount of spam in the past.

Anyway I have still 2 issues:
1. I believe that e-mail confirmation should be enough to remove captcha, but it isn't
2. This captcha is really difficult for human. We needed more than 2 attempts to guess it properly

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 26 '14, 11:53 a.m. | edited Feb 26 '14, 12:03 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Krzysztof ... I didn't understand the first issue.   In practice, simple e-mail confirmation has proven not to be sufficient to provide captcha, so we needed something stronger.   So this isn't an "issue", but just an unfortunate fact.  Or did I misunderstand the point you were making in issue 1?   Issue 2 is clear.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 26 '14, 12:02 p.m.
I just tried registering a new user, and the captcha was easy/trivial.   Could you post a screenshot of the captcha that was challenging, so we can see if maybe it was a browser issue?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 26 '14, 12:07 p.m.

I noticed in the past, that my brain/visual system has issues with captchas. However, I can usually request a new one, if I am not sure.

sam detweiler commented Feb 26 '14, 1:08 p.m.

many times on othjer sites, I will go thru 10/15 images til I can figure one out.. 

they all have the circle image to request another one. 

most of the times for me it is contrast issues.. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.