It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there anyway to configure a WI attribute with HTTP Filtered Value Set Provider to be multi-select?

long TRUONG (3654118146) | asked Feb 19 '14, 12:28 p.m.
Is there anyway to configure a WI attribute with HTTP Filtered Value Set Provider to be multi-select?

For now the options seem to be limited to:

String
Text 
Value Set Combo
Value Set Picker
Hidden

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 20 '14, 6:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I am aware, the HTTP filtered value set works for string type attributes. If you want to be able to select multiple values, you need to use String List as attribute type.

If you do so, you will be able to add multiple values to the list.

Multi select like enumerations support it is not supported with String Lists. You add additional values instead. The enumeration is known before the call and thus can provide the available values up front and make them selectable with a check box. The HTTP Filtered Value Set allows you to pick from data that is unknown at the time of the call and only allows to add values from the data it displays.

long TRUONG selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
long TRUONG commented Feb 25 '14, 10:53 a.m. | edited Feb 25 '14, 10:54 a.m.

Thanks Ralph,

I believe this is the right answer, however I will mark so later, after I succeed in understanding fully how to implement it (may have to get back to you with questions) and implementing it. Thought I had implemented it by now, but no cycle to tackle it yet.

long TRUONG commented Mar 03 '14, 2:43 p.m.

Implemented OK: But is there any way to prevent adding new selection ?

Brian Fleming commented Jun 23 '14, 3:21 p.m.

One other answer

permanent link
Pooja Biwalkar (481724) | answered Jun 23 '14, 4:28 p.m.
Ok.Thanks for the reply Brian.Is there any other way in RTC how we can implement the Multi-Select functionality? a A user should not have the ability to create a new selection,but just select the different records he needs.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.