It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Attempting to Creat a Work Item Teamplate for Import

David Jones (1823) | asked Nov 02 '12, 8:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When I attempt to export the template I receive this error  "The template contains references to repository items and should neither be used with other repositories nor in a process template."

What needs to be resolved?

Comments
Millard Ellingsworth commented Nov 07 '12, 3:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you say a bit more about what's in the template you are trying to create? Or are you getting this for any/every template you try to create? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Filip Wieladek (30413) | answered Nov 27 '12, 2:50 a.m.
The problem is that your template is referencing items in the repository. (Such as Iterations, Categories, etc...)

If you were to use the same template on a different repository you would receive errors since the items you are referencing would either not exist or would not be accessible.

Templates are only really meant to be used on the repository they were created (unless the templates are generic enough not to contain any references to repository items). If you wish to export and import work items from a repository into another, I would advice you to rather use the CSV importing and exporting functionality. 

The export can be found in eclipse under File -> Export and similarly the Import is located under File -> Import

David Jones selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Abhinav Mishra commented May 05 '14, 1:59 a.m.

Thanks Filip

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.