It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I add a link to an url as an attribute to a component in source control?

sune lomholt (756) | asked Jan 31 '14, 6:14 a.m.
edited Jan 31 '14, 7:39 a.m.
What I want is to add a link to the component such that when I see the component in the browser ( or RTC client) I can navigate to e.g. a description of the component (RRC artifact or Wiki or a test plan or atest suite in RQM)

regards
Sune

One answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Jan 31 '14, 7:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sune,

Typically, if you can generate a link to an artifact in RTC, you can open it in the RTC client for Eclipse, hover over the Item ID number, click the down arrow, and see something like "Copy URL."  Here is an example of how to copy a work item url:

I don't see that option when I open a component, so I don't think it's possible.  Maybe someone else on the forum knows of another way to generate a url for a component.

Comments
sune lomholt commented Jan 31 '14, 7:36 a.m.

Thanks!

However I can see that I phrased the question wrong.
What I wanted is to add a link to the component such that when I see the component in the browser ( or RTC client) I can navigate to e.g. a description of the component (RRC artifact or Wiki)

Sorry ...

Nevertheless you answer is useful and a component does have a URI you can get from the address line and linking to it works. Now I just want to link the other way (i.e. bidirectionally)

Thanks once more

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Feb 03 '14, 7:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Glad you were able to get some traction. I don't know of a way to setup bidrectional links between components and rrc artifacts.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.