It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Progress Bar is Blank

Cesar Sasaki (511285126) | asked Aug 28 '12, 6:29 p.m.
Hi

I have  a work item with the "Work Progress" non-attribute based presentation. When I open a workitem with it it is blank, like a white space but if I create a Query and hover the workitem it shows the bar.

What can I do to make the progress bar in the work item show correctly?

2 answers

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered Aug 28 '12, 11:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 @Cesar can you provide more information like 
1. The version of RTC.
2. The process template you are using.
3. For which work item you have enabled the progress bar?
4. If possible the the details of the task and its children.

Comments
Cesar Sasaki commented Aug 29 '12, 10:08 a.m.

Hi @aradhya1982 1.- I'm using CLM 4.0 2.- I use the Formal Project Management Process 3.- I'm using the "Change Request" and the "Task" WorkItem BUT I have changed the editor and the workflow. 4.- In theory the Task are the Childrens of the Change Request BUT I have not linked them yet, because of the trouble I had with the progress bar (Problem I did not have in 3.0.1)

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered Aug 29 '12, 1:10 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 HI

In my test
1. I created a Project area using the formal process template.
2. added the work progress editor presentation to the change request work item type,
3. Created a change request and a child defect to this change request with estimates 2 days.
4. the progress bar shows 0/16 hours 
5. I fill in time sheet for defect with 2 hours.
6. refresh the change request it shows 2/16 hours and the bar is painted green for 2 hours.

On Formal template the Change Request is a top level item or Plan Item. This means the Estimates for the project change request is not done through the Estimate field but through the Complexity attribute that is defined.
For your problem, If you want the progress to consider the estimates in hours for the change request unmark it as a plan Item and you should be good to go.

Enjoy using planning in RTC.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.