It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM Permission Changes Documentation per Release

Aaron Cabrera (451318) | asked Jan 24 '14, 2:42 p.m.

Is there an "easy" way to find new/changed permissions when a new release is available?

We are trying to find documentation on new or changed permissions and roles along with the related functionality that are related to new CLM releases. 

It would be beneficial for our to have a summary table provided in the release notes or in the news and noteworthy section when a new release is available so they are easily identifiable and we can fully prepare for an upgrade.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Feb 03 '14, 6:03 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please give examples of what you mean by "new/changed permissions".

Srikanth Bhushan commented Feb 04 '14, 1:41 a.m.

For Example :
If you are upgrading from 3.X to 4.X, For every Save permission (like Save Test Case) there is a new Trigger Work Flow Action permissions.

If you are upgrading from 4.0.1 to 4.0.5, there were new permissions added for
Edit Section Header:
Permanently Delete and Restore:
Save Channel:

If you see the whats new section, you will find some reference of these as New features. However there is no place where there is a clear mention of What new permissions are aded with new version

Srikanth Bhushan commented Feb 04 '14, 4:23 a.m.

My above comments on permission things are only w.r.t RQM

Aaron Cabrera commented Feb 10 '14, 11:08 a.m.

Basically, it would be helpful to have detailed documentation of any changes to permissions in the process template for all the tools.  I think it would be useful to put it in a grid or table format. 

One answer

permanent link
Srikanth Bhushan (16942734) | answered Jan 27 '14, 4:17 a.m.
I agree.

I have never seen any documentation which talks about new/changed permissions. We have always gone the hard way to find this. Open an upgraded (test environment) project in RTC client and compare it with the older version.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.