It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where to put Java JAR's to access in reports?

Michael Dundek (41161) | asked Mar 12 '09, 6:32 a.m.
Hello,

After reading the article on using Java classes in BIRT report (http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Scripting#Q:_Where_do_I_have_to_put_my_classes_in_order_to_access_them_by_JavaScript.3F), I came up with two questions.

1. I successfully created a Java class that I accessed from my report using Javascript in a Dynamic Text element (I placed my JAR in the birt\scriptlib folder). Works great in the previewer, but I can't find the place where to put my custom class JAR on the Jazz Server report engine to make it work on the server BIRT engine as well. The article mentiones a ReportEngine/lib folder, but I can not find it anywhere?

2. It also explaines how to add other JAR dependencies if required by setting the APPCONTEXT_CLASSLOADER_KEY with those JAR's in the code. But it doesn't say where to add this code? In my custom Java Class? In the JavaScript on the report side?

Thanks,

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.