It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

can you remove a changeset from a stream?

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Mar 02 '14, 7:34 p.m.
I am learning the scm support model. and decided to try one of the ugly scenarios I had before..

create a stream, and workspace, develop on the app, and deliver changes,  baselines along the way.
now it seems I have another user, but a different configuration of the app.   the two cannot be in the same stream..

duplicate the stream,  rename the eclipse project out of the way, create a workspace and load the sandbox..
rename the project in the workspace, deliver
rename the old project back (to match stream 1)

two eclipse projects, two workspaces, two streams..  all so good..

oops.. I delivered a changeset  too many for the second stream.. I can see it in the change history.. but when I go to
remove it, it really creates another change.. so both are documented in the stream..  I can't have that.. it exposes stuff to the second user

did I create the second stream wrong?

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 02 '14, 7:56 p.m.
so, I think I did this wrong..  view history of the component in question, select up to the changset as a block, right click, Accept, then select the workspace.

then create new stream, change workspace flow target, deliver.. then everything is as expected.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.