It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Configuration of buildforge with WAS

Avinash Shukla (112) | asked Dec 30 '13, 4:42 a.m.
Hello,
I am doing an installation of Build forge with Oracle DB.
In the section Database Client Library Configuration Information,while testing the connection following error has occurred:

Engine ERROR: Was unable to insert in to the test database.
Died at TestDB.pl line 298.

Regards,
Avinash.

2 answers

permanent link
Ryan Ruscett (1.0k413) | answered Jan 02 '14, 12:12 p.m.
 Hello,

Can you please provide a little more information. This could be due to a lot of reasons. None of which are likely to be Build Forge related. If you are talking about Build Forge related. If you are installing your Build Forge application on WAS, you will need to double check the application loading processes defined in the docs. You will also want to double check the websphere environment variables and make sure your jdbc is pointing to the correct jar files etc. 

If you could post the exact error message with code, as well as when in the process you see this and how far you have gotten. That would be very helpful. 

Thanks!

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Jan 03 '14, 10:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I can't find any issues with that exact error message but I did find a couple with a similar error.
They were caused by permissions being too restrictive for the database user account being used.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21444762

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.