It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

2 questions: Q #1. When uploading artifacts from RQM 2.0 to RQM 4.0, there a way to preserve the artifact Ids (can 4.0 have the same artifact id as 2.0)? Q #2. After uploading from RQM 2.0, is there a way to auto link the uploaded artifacts?

kitty seale (111) | asked Dec 20 '13, 11:32 a.m.
edited Dec 20 '13, 12:12 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
We are trying to upgrade from RQM 2.0 to RQM 4.0 and finding that when the artifacts from RQM 2.0 are uploaded to RQM 4.0, RQM 4.0 generates a new artifact ID and does not preserve the artifact ID it had in RMQ 2.0.  Also, we are finding that if there are any attachment to the artifact, we have to manually link them to the artifact.  We are using RQMURLUtil 2.0 version for the download and RQMURLUtil 4.0 for the upload. 
Same questions apply to RTC as well.  We are doing the same type of download and upload from 2.0 to 4.0.

Comments
Ara Masrof commented Dec 20 '13, 12:06 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Kitty,

For clarification, are you upgrading an RQM  2.x instance to 4.x (i.e. upgrade 2.x to 3.x. to 4.x)? 
It sounds as if you are trying to directly copy 2.x data to an existing 4.x repository, is this the case? If so, this would not be supported and your data integrity is at risk. There have been schema changes that need to be accounted for during the upgrade process, you simply cannot move 2.x data to a 4.x system

Ara

4 answers

permanent link
kitty seale (111) | answered Dec 20 '13, 12:39 p.m.
Hi Ara.  Thank you for responding.  I really do appreciate it.  Yes, you are correct.  We are trying to go directly from 2.x to 4.x.  Seems like there could be a work around to resolve the data integrity risk you mentioned.  Do you suppose that if we use a trial version of RQM 3.x we could go from 2.x to 3.x.  Then from 3.x to 4.x? 

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Dec 20 '13, 12:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Kitty,
Yes, the correct process would be to go from 2x to 3.x to 4.x
If you have a moment, take a quick look at the following post

Specifically, at Sunil's comment; this will give you a good overview of the upgrade process 

Ara

permanent link
kitty seale (111) | answered Dec 20 '13, 2:45 p.m.
Hi Ara, thank you again for your answer.  I did look at Sunil's post.  It does help somewhat to understand the progression and process to go from one version to the next.  So then still the question that remain is can we you a trail 3.x version for the intermediary version between 2.x and 4.x?

Comments
kitty seale commented Dec 20 '13, 4:01 p.m.

I meant, can we "use" a trial 3.x version for the intermediary version between 2.x and 4.x?

Ara Masrof commented Dec 23 '13, 8:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Kitty
Yes, you can download the trial version of 3.x as a means to upgrade.

Note: you'll only have a temporary license so you'll need to keep that in mind when you 

are planning your upgrade strategy.

Ara

permanent link
kitty seale (111) | answered Dec 23 '13, 2:59 p.m.
Hi Ara:  Thank you for your answer.  I've passed your recommendation to my team lead and waiting for a decision to be made.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.