It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What permission is needed to create a timeline in RQM?

Ryan McBryde (5911233) | asked Feb 14 '14, 11:06 a.m.
in RQM 4.0.2, I have a project area but do not have the need for team areas and so have not implemented them.  I have the need to give users, other than administrators, the ability to create timelines and so far the only way that I have found to do that is to add them to the JazzAdmins group, which obviously is an extreme, and undesirable, solution.

is there a way in RQM, without using Team Areas, to provide this permission to users?

If Team Areas are a requirement, then once they are created, how is it done?  I can find a lot of info on Team Area but nothing SPECIFIC on what perm is required to create a timline.

Thank you

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Feb 14 '14, 2:20 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can define a role for the people you want to give this permission and configure that role with the ability to modify the iteration structure (iterations and timelines). You would then be able to grant this permission to individuals by assigning them this role.

This screenshot shows the action you're looking for in the project area admin web ui, which is available as of 4.0.3. If you're using the Eclipse client, you can find this action in the project area editor under Process Configuation -> Project Configuration -> Permissions -> Process -> Save Project Area.
Iteration Permissions
Jared Burns selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Feb 14 '14, 11:41 a.m.
I believe it's sufficient if the user has JazzProjectAdmins role, instead of JazzAdmins.

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Feb 14 '14, 11:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You specifically need "save project area" permission to create Iterations. But with that permission, the user can modify other project level settings like members/permissions etc too.

Comments
Jared Burns commented Feb 14 '14, 2:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This would work, but you can also selectively grant permission for what parts of the project area can be saved. See my answer below.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.