It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

No data available when attempting to Join comments area table to request area table in Rational Insight

Brandy Guillory (5311925) | asked Dec 17 '13, 3:59 p.m.
edited Dec 17 '13, 4:47 p.m.
I am building a report in Rational Insight that is a list of defects along with any comments anyone has made. The trouble is trying to join the comments to the defects. I attempted this but any field i add to my report it shows no data available. I am also not sure of what field is going to pull the actual "text of the notes". Also i tried the cardinality : defects 1 to N comments 1 to 1 I am not an expert with cardinality nor with joins so any help would be appreciated related to the cardinality , the field to put into my report and the proper way to build this join , thanks.

More info: it initially gave me a cross join error so i enabled cross joins on the query in query studio

Comments
sam detweiler commented Dec 17 '13, 7:44 p.m.

I didn't think comments were brought into the Insight warehouse

Brandy Guillory commented Dec 18 '13, 1:32 p.m. | edited Dec 18 '13, 1:33 p.m.

Hi Sam, when I try to build a new report in Report Studio it gives me the option to choose comments area under operational data store. Maybe I should try to build a report with just comments to see if any data is pulled.

Brandy Guillory commented Dec 18 '13, 1:39 p.m.

I believe you are right, I tried to run reports from the comments area alone and it gives me "no data available"

One answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Dec 18 '13, 3:46 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The data model currently allows you to display comment count for work items (Request Area -> Comment Count).  To load the actual comment text, you would need to load /workitem/workItem/comments/content to a table in the Work Item XDC file.  I am not sure we have any great place to load this without creating a new table or column in an existing table.  I can get the comment text loaded in to the REQUEST table, but seems that way you'll only get the latest comment loaded unless you want to append them all.  You may want to file an enhancement to have comment text loaded by default and exposed through our data models.  Hope it helps,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.