It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I add values for project and program in report studio?

Brandy Guillory (5311925) | asked Aug 22 '13, 4:30 p.m.
edited Aug 22 '13, 4:46 p.m.
I am running the defect list report (state /severity) from this area Public Folders > Sample Report Definitions > Insight > Data Warehouse Reports

I then go to Report Studio,Query Explorer. There are two parameters that are prompts one is called program the other is called project. I am creating a report that will use these two values, I need them to be  hardcoded values into the report. I am creating many reports off of this one report template each will have a different project but the same program and I need to know how to assign a defaultset value for both of these parameters

I go to Query Explorer and click on the parameter in the body of the report and over to the left hand sideit shows Properties-Value prompt. Things like use value, display value etc. I am not sure where I need to hardcode the values for these two prompt parameters.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Marc Nehme (276157) | answered Aug 29 '13, 6:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You have a few options:

1) You can hardcode the program/project parameters in the report design using a detail filter (eg Program Name = 'My Program')

2) You can preset the values in the report properties. Go to the report in Cognos Connection (not Report Studio) and click on the 'Set Properties' icon. Then go to the 'Report' tab. Under 'Prompt Values', click the "Set.." link and here you can specify the program/project (if your report contains prompts). Every time the report is run, it will default to those selections, but will also provide a chance to change them dynamically.

Hope this helps..
Brandy Guillory selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Brandy Guillory commented Sep 03 '13, 4:53 p.m.

Thank you Marc, this was very helpful!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.