It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

creating two sandbox for same repository

Aravind Chandradoss Arul Doss (131) | asked Sep 30 '20, 9:48 a.m.

Hi,

I want to create two sandboxes for my repo workspace. 
Basically, one sandbox will be in my laptop (for editing) and other one will be in office host machine (for building). 
I don't want to create separate branch and merge each time for this.

I just want to know is it possible to have two sandbox for a single repository workspace (and have auto-sync between then). if yes, how?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 30 '20, 1:23 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 30 '20, 1:26 p.m.
No, loading the same repository workspace twice in parallel and changing files is asking for trouble and not supported.
The build usually uses its own repository workspace for building. You can let it use your repository workspace. Because the build usually does not check in anything, this is not a problem. Otherwise use a stream and two repository workspaces. Deliver/accept often and there is no need to merge.
Aravind Chandradoss Arul Doss selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Aravind Chandradoss Arul Doss commented Sep 30 '20, 1:36 p.m.

Thanks for the quick response! 

Yes, I ended up using two repository workspace. Btw, I did try creating two sandboxes but always had some loading and out-of-sync issue. That's why wanted to check with you guys.

Anyways, Thanks Ralph.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 30 '20, 1:38 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you have it loaded twice and you change a file in one sandbox and check it in, the other instance goes out of sync. It is not ment to be used multiple times in parallel, that is what streams are designed for.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.